Friday 12 September 2008

Yakov, I miss you


My cat is missing.............yesterday was such a blur of appointments and things I had to do. When I left the house around 3:30 after only having about an hour and a half to paint between things I had to do, she was on the front porch. When I got home at nine, I couldn't find her anywhere. She's still not home and it's nearly two and I know she's gone. Poor old girl was still happy despite the fact that she was nearly 19 and had hyperthyroidism and had become nearly totally deaf and blind. So, I am posting a picture of her today (one from a few Christmases ago when she was still a little chubby) - I can't paint because there are way too many tears in my eyes to see clearly. That and the fact that I keep going to the porch to see if she's there. Godspeed old girl, you will remain forever in my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cat.
I have a dog ( boston terrier) who is 14. He also is blind and hard of hearing. My thoughts are with you at this hard time.

patricia walsh said...

Jae - thanks for your thoughts. I got out of the 9 am meeting later than I thought and knew I was cutting it close with getting to Worcester later. Please let me know when you are going out again. And never be too busy to give your little guy a pat every time you leave. There is such a hole left by her disappearance I really regret not having that last little touch. My daughter pointed out that I was 38 when we got her.........I am 57 now so I guess the crying makes sense. Patty