Saturday 20 September 2008

working from the inside


Yesterday was pretty much a washout since I had lots of pain in my mouth. Today, I am 100%, yippee! I began this picture (11X14) iearly today and most likely will finish it before bedtime. The days are definitely growing shorter and I knew I wouldn't be able to get a decent photo later so I decided to post an "in progress" tonight. The edges are not firmed up yet since I am working from the center planes of sections and attempting to get that little color vibration that occurs when masses meet. The architecture is where I have to resist my natural inclination to "draw" the outsides of each form. So far so good. I am nearly ready to leave for Block Island on Monday and am getting more excited by the moment......looks like the weather will be sunny but chilly. I just ruined my last presentable white t-shirt but no one will care since all of us will probably have paint covered clothes.

No comments: