Friday 28 August 2009

small & fast


I set a goal for myself this morning............to do as many small paintings as quickly as I could before I ran out of something or fainted from hunger. I did three, one of which I wiped off. It is amazing how we channel ourselves into patterns and ways of working and I wanted to shake that up a bit. I did not tone the panels and didn't really compose or sketch anything......just let what I saw in front of me take charge. I was having so much fun that even running out of thinner and paper towels didn't make me leave. We seem to be getting tropical storm Danny a bit faster than predicted; the wind picked up and it began to rain (and I was very hungry) so I left. One of these pictures is 8x10 and the other is 8" square.

2 comments:

Cathy Agnew said...

I love your paintings and was wondering what do you use for brushes? (as a beginner) I am a bit overwhelmed with all the choices - ...thanks for sharing!
Cathy Agnew
Nova Scotia Canada

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Cathy...........I use a variety. I love pro stroke powercryl.......all sizes, they keep a nice edge and are synthetic. I often block things in with Pro stroke brisle brushes from size 8 - 12.....they are firmer and allow you to really manipulate the paint. Good luck.