Wednesday 26 August 2009

Sad



As a long time resident of Massachusetts, I was so sad when I learned of Ted Kennedy's death this morning......In this country where people wish to hold on to every little crumb of what they believe should be theirs, he stands in stark contrast. He was a man who never retreated into his wealth and privilege and worked tirelessly for the residents of this state and country. While I paint I often listen to the radio and recently have become disgusted by the angry and hateful polarization of this country: health care, torture, the ecomomy, the enviornment.........the list goes on and on. Goodbye, Ted Kennedy, you will be missed.
I went to figure group this morning and experimented; which means I wiped two pictures off.......so I am posting a small study I had done previously. I am working hard on the painting of the farmer's market I posted before. Amazing how one can work outdoors and finish an entire picture in a few hours and then spend days working on one small figure in a grouping.

No comments: