Friday 6 November 2009

portrait study 9x12

I can not go anywhere near my paints at the moment since I have put on decent clothes for the opening of the new gallery in Westport tonight..............trust me it's not easy to pull an outfit together these days! It almost makes me want to buy a dress since I wouldn't have to worry about coordinating anything. I could throw it in the back of my closet for events like this.......but then I would have to have dressy shoes and pantyhose and that stops me right there. So, I put my brushes down about two hours ago and don't dare go near what I am working on since paint seems to fly onto my clothes from quite a distance. This portrait is from the past year and I don't remember when.

3 comments:

Zabby said...

I'll help you pick out a dress! This face looks really sad to me, but the painting is great.

patricia walsh said...

thanks honey............just kidding about the dress!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I was thinking the EXACT same thing recently: sick of trying to coordinate the black+something look... maybe I should get a dress (husband liked this idea...) but THEN I thought - OH! Shoes! Pantyhose! Ick.