Sunday 29 November 2009

Back from Maine

I had a great Thanksgiving in Portland and am now back to work. My daughter and I stopped at her friend's organic vegetable farm as well and got a tour. What a great thing to see - they are making a living selling at the farmer's markets. The weather was drizzly, the meal was wonderful and it was nice to get away to a place without streetlights. I have been working on a commission but decided to take a break and do something really small. I did another beach figure thing this afternoon - it is 5" square and the smallest picture I have ever done (probably including drawings). It wasn't all that uncomfortable so I am learning.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is really nice! Tell me it was from a photo - it's been too chilly to have someone sit at the beach!!!

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Kelley........from a photo for sure, I am beginning to have some fun with them instead of resenting the fact that I am inside!