Sunday 16 November 2008

weather change


Boy, today is a complete difference from yesterday .........it was close to seventy and now feels as if it will snow. I am posting the final version of the picture I posted the other day. I believe I have finished it although I always end up correcting a few things as it sits in my view. The electrician showed up at 2:30 on Friday and I had no power until nearly 7. I now have all new electrical boxes except for the one that was the initial problem..............they have to put an entire new line in. The candles I was using to see made it hard to paint but made the kitchen look quite nice.

3 comments:

Jo Ann Elig said...

Wow. Love this one.
I have never tried painting by candle light but if this is what happens I think I will give it a try.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

It's the little things we miss the most - being able to turn on a light, putting on a CD.... yet you seemed to turn it into something good! Love the painting, maybe I should try candlelight painting, too!

patricia walsh said...

Thanks you guys...........my text did indicate that, didn't it? I actually stopped painting when I fired up the candles. I know Kelley, I read this book called "Night" and it totally changed my perspective about the world and what it was like even 100 years ago.