Friday 21 November 2008

Adjusting values - sold


I have posted this picture before, it is still not completed. I have to finish it in the next couple of weeks so I figured that I had better get to it. I decided that the values were wrong and have made some corrections, especially in the trees on the right, the dirt strip bordering the water and the water itself. Unfortunately, my visual memories of Colombia are fading and I am having to rely on New England atmospheric knowledge for tropical atmospheric knowledge. I am tempted to start all over but know I will not. Anyway, I spent most of today repainting it and am somewhat pleased that the values are better - now I have to wait for daylight to adjust the color. The picture remains 16X20.

3 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Look good in the photo, though! Hey - you've been 'tagged' - a little annoying, a little fun - see my blog for instructions...

Sylvia Jenstad said...

had to stop... what an inviting painting... very cool

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Kelley........well, I will just have to check that. I have been "off line" for the past week. Hope you had a good T-day.

Thanks Sylvia