Monday 26 January 2015

No Blizzard here!



I know this title has absolutely nothing to do with the post but I have been listening to the radio in the studio today and the AP News has been so frantic about the blizzard, it has wormed its way into my head! Plus there were all of those years that I had to drive to my job in whatever weather happened (being "essential personnel") and my extreme gratitude that I don't have to do that anymore. 

The top still life (12x12") is the last one I will do for a while - I basically threw all the leftover stuff down in a pile and tried to see what I could make of it. I had a great time and learned a lot and did about 15 of them. The pressure of unfinished work on my walls got to me though, so I got in one of my "finishing stuff modes." The beach scene is 20x16" and was begun several months ago - I'm nearing the finish line on this one. I have 2 others that will be done this week as well - yipee!

No comments: