Thursday 23 February 2012

first thing in the morning - 12x9"

I really like to go to the beach very early, especially when it is partly cloudy and the light is angled and interesting. I have tried plein air work at that time but the conditions change so quickly that I tend to study what is happening and take some photos now since the plein air work is usually crummy. If you study enough, the lessons and impressions seem to rekindle by looking at the photo (if you know how to get what you want in the photo anyway). The new painting is from one of those photos I took last week......I also (finally) finished the beach house. Today has been my favorite kind of weather day here....it was close to 80, humid and windy; I am thrilled that I moved since I painted outside all day. 

2 comments:

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

Love to see your work from SC!

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Anne......I'm loving it here.