Monday 15 December 2008

the week in review!






I have been remiss about posting but have been exceptionally busy............finishing things and beginning things in addition to Christmas prep. I find that the studio work I am interested in is larger, more complicated and less immediate, less likely to be finished in a day. I finished a picture that is sold but needed a few tweaks and nearly finished the two figures walking (it is way too wet to complete the lettering on the sign). I went out and completed a color study for the newest picture I have started.......the light changed completely within 45 minutes so I slapped down color, did a drawing and took a couple of photos; then began a rather large canvas. I find that the winter allows me to distill some of the outdoor visual learning I have accumulated into larger and more constructed work. Last year I was not nearly as aware of this but this year it seems logical.................it is more the lack of light than the cold that forces me in. So, after my son called me to ask why I have not posted for a week, I will now post a bit of the week past. I am still waiting to paint some snow!

No comments: