Tuesday 16 December 2008

golden, slanted light


It has been really gloomy around here for the past two or three days. I have been working on a picture that I posted yesterday......it's 22" square. I am hoping that the sun comes out between 9 and 10 am tomorrow since I need some more color info. The adjustment in paint mixing for a picture of that size took me close to an hour this morning since I have been regularly working in a smaller format for the past year. I had a very good time after I got crazy with the amount of paint and put my #2 brushes away. The site for this picture is this little side road under the Sakonnet Bridge down next to Tiverton Harbor. I have been scoping it out for quite some time and have done several studies in the area but the concept finally came together for me. I will definitely have to make a stop at Utrecht tomorrow to get some more of certain colors.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is a great piece- I've walked by there many times and thought about painting it but never did! You really got the light. I hope your Christmas was a good one. You're probably 'away' as you haven't posted but I look forward to seeing what you've been up to!

patricia walsh said...

Hey Kelley........no, just busy and working on this one. Hope yours was great as well! I haven't even logged on during the past week. I was out there this morning and pebbles and dirt kept falling off the bridge onto me....weird and it made me a bit skittish. I am glad to have the house back to normal but enjoyed every busy moment.