Monday 28 July 2008

Good weekend


Well, I am back - never truly left but was busy from 5:30 in the morning till after dinner time both days. The bazaar I helped my daughter with is great - indigenous art from all over the world. Unfortunately , yesterday was pretty much a washout due to vivid lightning and heavy rain - everyone who was brave enough to actually attend ran for cover and left. Today was iffy in the morning so I decided that I would do a small figure painting from a photo.........I hate working from photos but I feel like I need to adapt my "life skills" to them in order to be able to do commissions from a distance. It was pretty fun and I feel like I did make progress and am pleased with what I did........too wet to take a picture and it was too late anyway. I am posting a dry portrait - 12X12/o/c.

No comments: