Thursday 15 January 2009

too cold


I really wanted to get out this morning but changed my mind as soon as I brought the trash out. I feel so sorry for everyone in the upper mid west where the temperature is nearly thirty degrees colder. I worked on the finishing touches (really) to the buildings painting and then decided to do a still life since I am so out of practice doing them........I was going to wipe it off but then yelled at myself and actually had fun. Pomegranates are pretty hard and one has to give in to not being able to actually "draw" all of the details. I had bought this 9 pack of 8" square canvases on sale so I used one of them. Now I can go back to the bigger stuff for tonight. Since tomorrow will be even colder I may just try another little still life.

3 comments:

Jo Ann Elig said...

I am glad you didn't wipe this one out. I agree with you that pomegranates are very difficult to paint. You got the look and color perfect. As for the cold, my sister lives up in Minnesota. We think we have it bad.

Janette Jones, Studio California said...

Wow, Patricia, nice work. Really like your figures!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Strong composition and shapes and color here. I have found that I am a poor judge of my own work somtimes. Good that you didn't wipe this off.