Saturday 31 January 2009

bus stop development


I have been working on this picture today since it was so cold and windy I wasn't even tempted to go out to take pictures or be a part of the outside world. Actually, I began a new still life last night (in the dark with a spot lamp) but didn't finish so I am waiting for dark to work on it. My house is kind of messy at the moment with two easels and a still life set up, art stuff everywhere........my daughter dropped by with two of her co-workers this morning and I began to apologize for the mess and then stopped and wondered why on earth I was doing that. Shades of my mother's disapproval ringing in my head, I realized that vacuum cleaner marks on the rug aren't all they're cracked up to be. So, on that note, I will get back to work and probably make an even bigger mess by the time I am done.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

GRACIAS!!

alex schaefer said...

I like your work in progress! and a funny post, your description of your studio sounds just like mine... keep painting, you're following your passion!

Janette Jones, Studio California said...

Really like this painting...great compostion!

patricia walsh said...

Gracias and thanks to all of you.......it's snowing and there is no light at the moment so enjoy your various sunny climates. Adios, ciao and bye.