Wednesday 28 January 2009

paper towels


I have more paper towels in the trash than painting on the easel today..............I wiped off several starts prior to beginning the picture I am posting. The day was pretty fun despite my waste of paper products and I feel like I am learning a lot by forcing myself to work on a still life from life rather than comfortably progressing on a landscape that I have already begun. I am aware that I need more practice in rendering/seeing objects not previously studied.........so, despite a day of rather awkward work, my stubbornness forces me to post this still life. It is 9:30 and I am too tired to work further so I stopped to wind down (and eat something). It is now pouring rain here and I just spoke with my son in Maine who drove home from work in a blizzard..........still no ability to paint outside for us New Englanders.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is beautiful, Patty, the orange just 'pops' despite it being backlit! I think you should do more still lifes, you obviously have an affinity for them!

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Kelley.........sorry I didn't get you your workshop. I got my gas bill earlier in the week, screamed and decided to spend zero extra money.......hope it went well.