Saturday 24 January 2009

dark and frigid!


I will re-photograph this in better light since I did not finish it til tonight. I went to a talk on selling your art last night and then decided to read when I got home because I was tired............I finished this today but it was dark when I took the photo so it is really difficult to see. The wind has really picked up today and the temperature is going to drop to about 3 degrees...........I wasn't tempted to do much besides paint and bring the compost out. I made some potato soup in between brushstrokes, have some good bread and the book that I began last night so I am all set for tonight.

3 comments:

Janette Jones, Studio California said...

This is really capturing that cold, cold twilight feeling...nice work! What are you reading?

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the feedback! Your work is wonderful and so true. I feel in the place.
Keep Painting!!
Donna

patricia walsh said...

Thanks to both of you.........I am reading "The Anthropology of Turquoise" by Ellen Melloy. Janette, you would probably like it since she talks about growing up in LA without a swimming pool. I have not made much progress since I keep falling asleep by the time I pick it up! It's really good so far, though.