Monday 5 January 2009

New Year


I have been working inside recently on a large picture but yesterday was so breathtakingly beautiful that I had to get outside to work. I went exploring and found the Westport Town Farm which still had an ample amount of snow. I have really, really wanted to do some snow pictures but the simple fact is that we don't get all that much snow on the coast..........at least not for the past several years. I could drive inland 50 miles but I spent so many years driving to work in wretched conditions because we were termed "essential personnel" that I have been totally enjoying not having to have to do that. What I thought was a hatred of winter was actually a hatred of having to drive 75 miles to work in the midst of a blizzard and then having to do the same thing to get home! So, I will put my large picture back up for this afternoon's work but will be back out there as soon as I can.

No comments: