Saturday 16 August 2008

"Wet Paint"


I am back from painting at wet paint.........I enjoyed it. The day turned out to be really nice and sunny. I picked out a good spot at one of the entrances to the cliff walk and looked back away from the water at this neat building and a portion of the actual walk - since the sun was over my left shoulder and behind, I had a pretty good amount of time without radical changes in the light. Throngs of tourists arrived about a half hour after I did but at least I got a parking space. It did remind me why I stay away from Newport until the winter, however. It was next to impossible to get a decent photo or get my car out of that great parking space due to the huge crowds of people on the street, the walk and the grassy areas. Surprisingly there was a parking space behind the museum so I didn't have to walk far to drop the painting off.

No comments: