Tuesday 19 August 2008

In progress


I could not allow myself to go out and paint plein air today.............not only did I have 17 errands (exaggeration) to do but I have several pieces that I am determined to complete. All of them are rather large and are beginning to wear on me by their presence. This picture is one of them - it is of a marsh in Westport and only a few hours away from being done. After taking a photo of it I realize that I am being too picky again and need to just tone down the color in the stream a bit and soften many of the edges and call it quits. I am all about moving on these days since that is what allows for progress. Tomorrow is my life drawing group and I don't want to miss it this week since I did last week after burning my fingers......I am going to force myself to abandon the conte crayon since I feel like I need to try something new, like plain old pencil! I put the music from Mali on and am ready to move out of recent ruts. Later.

No comments: