Tuesday 12 August 2008

Portland


I went to Portland to visit my son on Saturday. Fully expecting to accomplish 2 pictures, I came back with zero! It took me about 4.5 hours to get there on Saturday because of the traffic.............I was totally hungry by the time I got there so all we did was go out to eat and then to bed. Sunday morning I was up early but the fog was so dense that all I could do was take a walk..... it cleared a bit by 1 and we went out to Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth where I began a picture that I wiped completely off. Then I started another that I also wiped off and then the clouds and fog came in again!!! So, I left early Monday morning and hit rain all the way home. I started work on making my daughter's room into a winter studio - I have now completed that and the rain has stopped so I will be out early tomorrow and will, hopefully have something besides a clean studio to show for it. I am posting an 11X14 I did at a prior time.

No comments: