Friday 8 August 2008

Rolling, distant thunder


That's what I am listening to at the moment.........went down to Little Compton to paint yesterday and stayed till after dark so it was too late to photograph anything. I got a quick chance this morning but was rushed to get to a funeral and the light wasn't really good and it's raining now so I will post the photo I took this morning. I am leaving for Portland in the afternoon on Saturday to visit my son and do some painting there. I might not have internet for 2 days since I have not gotten to the point where I bring my computer with me when I go places. I am getting much faster outside and I can finish an 11 X 14 or 12 X 12 in one sitting..............I do not like finishing things later since the spirit of the experience is so different. Studio work is different and has a reality all its own - this picture is 12 X 12 and the people it belongs to (0r will when it's dry, signed, etc.) loved it.

No comments: