Friday 22 August 2008

green, green, green


Well, I reached my saturation point with summer's green this morning so I went down the east side of the bay to Little Compton, RI. I avoid some of the area during the summer since there is no place to park and all of the beaches are private..........you can't even pay to park (which I am unwilling to do anyway). Sakonnet Point used to have a place where one could park.......but they have been building a new yacht club and I discovered that there is now NO PLACE to park at all. Feeling very discouraged, I headed home searching for a "non-green" place to paint............no luck. When I got home I found a photo that I have wanted to experiment with and decided to try what I had been thinking of. If I hadn't used so much gas and time I would have gone to Newport or Bristol (the other side of the bay) where there are free places but I wanted to get busy and went with the photo. I might try one of those two locales tomorrow morning even though it is a weekend. I am posting a picture I did on site in NC during a family reunion - I have not finished what I started after I got home. The storms come in quickly at the Carolina coast, the clouds build and build or disappear into haze......the painting is 11X14.

No comments: