Friday 15 August 2008

Elephant rock


I went down to Newport this morning and went to check out the set up for the "Wet Paint" event that I am doing tomorrow, a fund raiser for the Newport Art Museum. I saw some good Wm. Trost Richards originals and looked at the Grosvenor show. The traffic was incredible, even on a Friday, so I am going to leave pretty early to ensure that I can not only find a place that I want to paint but find a place somewhat convenient to park. When I got home I started a small picture of some roses from my garden but the light changed really fast and I didn't finish it to my satisfaction. I am still acclimating to smaller sizes, smaller brushes and smaller hand movements so, despite the fact that I am not unhappy with what I painted this afternoon, I am not ready to post it. I am posting another plein air that I did last fall at a beach in Westport..........it's larger (11X14). I am bringing my camera tomorrow so I can take a photo of what I paint before I drop it off for the auction. I neglected to do this at the New Bedford event because I was worried about rain and the camera getting wet and regret not having a photo of that painting.

No comments: