Friday 1 August 2008

Night Off


Yesterday was a "business day" - picked up some paint at Utrecht, took my daughter out to dinner in Providence and did a multitude of things that needed to be done. I got home after 7 and was tired so I sat on the porch and watched the fog come in for nearly an hour. The light was gorgeous and the clouds/fog coming in was definitely better than tv or a book. I was up and busy early today and finished the small figure study I had begun. It took too long in my opinion and I wasn't fully satisfied but have realized that one has to move on and not get stuck on perfection. Trying to apply life visual lessons to photos is good practice but can be frustrating.............also working small is difficult for me. This picture is 8X8 and I am glad I have decided it is done (or that I am done with it) since it is just a study and I feel like I learned a lot doing it. I will be back outdoors tomorrow and cannot wait until our portrait group starts up again in the fall..............I can't afford to hire models right now.

No comments: