Sunday 3 August 2008

Cadmium red


I worked all day on a small painting of a weird tomato (that I had started yesterday) only to wipe it all off in disgust. I am trying to work outside of my comfort zone and learn to paint smaller, quicker and to really reduce each subject to its essence. Boy can that be frustrating! I then began a 6X6 picture of a rose/violet colored hydrangea flower...........made some progress but I don't like it enough to post it today so I am posting a picture I did at Warren's Point last summer. I am going to start a new small one tonight from a photo I took in Colombia - we shall see. I might just put all of the tiny boards and canvasses away until my hands shrink (?). I might have used half a tube of cad red today and then at least a full roll of paper towels to clean up the mess. I don't spend nearly this amount of time on things over 11X14 and over and I don't have that cramped feeling. Ah, tommorrow's another day...............and now the cat is pawing me, begging for "fourth meal."

1 comment:

tbradley said...

i'm waiting for the weird tomato, mama pat!