Tuesday 13 October 2009

stopping



I finished both of these 8x10s............I find it is important for me to stop and move on when I have done everything I know to do rather than try to achieve some sort of arbitrary and lifeless perfection. Therefore, these studies are complete and I am going to work on other things. It is raining again and I have to go to calling hours for my best friend's mother who died on Sunday, the funeral is tomorrow. The photo of the red house isn't too great but I simply could not get rid of the glare indoors.

3 comments:

smalltownchic said...

Wow, at first glance these look like photographs, especially the lower one. These are great.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Both houses are great - full of personality, and the red house enjoys a perfect tree! Not easy to do, you have sharp powers of observation, Patty.

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Sarah & Kelley.........I guess the secret of trees is to make them sort of a structured mess because that is surely what it looks like up close.