Wednesday 14 October 2009

plein air underpainting

I didn't have much time to paint today since I went to a funeral that was relatively far away where I used to live. I figured that I would post one of the underpaintings that I did during the summer (it feels weird to say that since it was just last week).........I had this idea that if I could store up enough canvases for the winter it would be just like painting outside. The only problem was that I tended to finish things on site so I don't have all that many stored up but this is one of them. The picture is mostly washes of thin color so I could revise it without much effort - it is 12" square. The funeral was beautiful (I don't usually think that) and I saw tons of people I have not seen for at least ten years...........we have all aged and that was weird but it was good to see them nonetheless. I came home and finished moving my huge collection of plants inside for the winter: including the night-blooming sirius which still has not bloomed. After that I set up to paint on something I started yesterday but I am fading fast and think I am getting a cold (damn). Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This is a good start - but really don't do too much to it! I hope you don't get the 'cold' - am fighting one, too.

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Kelley.........I did not get it too, too bad. Good lick with yours as well, not that any of us are tempted to paint outside this weekend!