Saturday 17 October 2009

sakonnet point fading light - 8x8

I have been trying to expand my repertoire of skills to include painting on different types of surfaces for many reasons. Primarily because my limited space is crammed with stretched canvases that have not sold or I simply don't want to keep or throw away I have been taking them off the bars and placing the paintings in a drawer. Since panels store more easily, I have been experimenting with them and finding the birch plywood much to my liking. This picture is on a purchased canvas panel (Everlast archival) and I don't like the surface as much as the birch but since I ordered about 60 of them I suppose I will get used to them. I am also posting a better photo of the backyards picture I showed the other day. I am still attempting to figure out how to arrange the photos in a pleasing manner but haven't figured it out yet without losing the post or messing it all up.

No comments: