Tuesday 20 October 2009

hiking and painting


The title is indicative of my day............despite the relatively warm weather I decided to hike this morning rather than paint, I just felt like moving. I have been exploring places near my home that I might want to paint at but also wish to explore. Today I went to Copicut Woods in Fall River.............it was awesome and thank goodness they had maps at the parking lot because the place is huge and meanders across several roads. I merely got an overview today even though I walked for miles..............there were numerous other trails that went to the reservoir but I didn't go that far. There were several stream crossings and what was listed on the map as a "vernal pond," wow, was it beautiful. Then I got home and painted a beach scene so it was a pretty perfect day. The photo of the painting is challenged since it has been dark for hours and I just finished the picture (8" square)..............it looks much warmer than it really is but I didn't mind the photo enough to not post it.

1 comment:

Just your under average blogger said...

Very nice, I enjoy your beach paintings.