Saturday 25 October 2008

Step 1


Saturday has become my day for shopping and the like - principally because the farmer's market is in progress. Today, despite a very early start, I took a huge break in painting. Now that darkness is fast descending, I took a photo of what I intend on finishing tonight but will not be able to photograph later (because it will be dark - getting used to that). In my quest for surviving by utilizing the local economy, I also went to the Globe Flea market in Fall River...........my God, it was like shopping in the third world. There were individual vendors for everything from electronics to magazines to incense - all crammed into an old brick warehouse. Fall River is looking more and more like South America.............nothing wasted and everything for sale. After shopping I had to tend to my garden for a bit - sometimes I just like being active out there anyway, not looking, just doing. I picked some basil and a few peppers I had missed earlier this week. I should get back to work and stop myself before I get political.

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Lovely piece. You are a brave woman to hit that flea market!