Wednesday 22 October 2008

Grey, cold day, hot color


This combination was so hot I couldn't resist. I hunted around the house for something weird to paint and found these old firecrackers in a drawer, put them on a manila envelope and created a little heat. I am very conscious of energy conservation and have made it a game to see how little of everything I can survive on but did give in a bit today and turn the heat up to sixty. I am also trying to learn how to mix colors that I do not normally use..............manila seems so boring until you begin to mix it. I used a panel again (8" square) and am liking that my method of paint application is definitely changing.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Walsh said...

oh my god i am so glad i don't live with you if you are keeping the heat BELOW sixty!!