Thursday 19 November 2009

walker's fall - 10x8



This was wicked hard to do - mixing oranges. yellow greens and tannish pumpkins that are all basically the same value without washing them out was quite a challenge. When I went outside to take the photo I noticed that someone had stolen one of the green plastic chairs off of my porch. This kind of thing always bothers me not because of the value of the item stolen but because I cannot imagine what possesses someone to do this............do they need the thing so badly or are they just total jerks? One time someone stole a small bottle of that bubble solution that kids play with (I confess they were mine). Too weird.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Walsh said...

I like this one. The orange mix of the pumpkins is great.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Nice painting, difficult subject - I can never paint pumpkins! And I think they were just jerks. Stealing something just because they CAN.