Saturday 7 November 2009

Gooseberry Beach dwellings - 24x18

I have had tonight's posting kicking around for years and have never come even close to finishing it.........probably because I had been squeezing painting time in around my nightly 3x11 shift and partly because I had just picked up oils again after years and my knowledge and abilities wouldn't permit me to go further than I had. For some strange reason I put it on my large easel tonight after working on another beach series picture for much of the day today. I have been eyeing this old thing for quite awhile knowing that I wasn't going to reuse the canvas and would likely feel the urge to finish it; the time seems to have come. The buildings in this painting have been renovated and, though they remain and look like buildings that would be more valuable and more pleasant to live in, they have lost the essence that I found so wonderful in the first place. I might not show it again for a bit but I am committed to finish it now.

The opening last night was fun and I sold a painting! I met a bunch of other artists from this area that I had not met before..............all in all it was nice to get out with other like minded people and socialize for a change.

No comments: