Sunday 15 November 2009

sakonnet light/completed - 10x8



This picture was taken in actual daylight because it wasn't raining! I went out for a hike this morning to Fort Barton in Tiverton. Despite living about three miles from the place I have never gone there; it was breathtaking! I will have to go back on a day when I can actually see the harbor but what a vista and what a painting spot. I read all of the historical signs and discovered that it was an important place during the Revolutionary War when the British invaded Adquidneck Island and Newport. I hiked in for a couple of miles until I felt like I was serving in the war due to the amount of gunfire that was constantly off in the distance. I know there is no hunting there but I started to get a bit concerned anyway..........another hiker told me that the shots were coming from someones private shooting range and were much farther away than they seemed (she also said that they had a knife-throwing range which kind of creeped me out). I still have not figured out how to post 2 photos so they lay out well!

No comments: