Thursday 13 August 2009

underpainting


I began this 16x20 yesterday with a brown underpainting and began to add color today......made quite a bit of progress and have not stopped for the day as of yet. We have actually had a week of summer-like weather here, alas, today wasn't one of them. The Fall River farmer's market is one of my favorite places to sketch. photograph and generally collect subject matter and that is where I discovered this wonderful family. You can see a lot of the underpainting that remains but I am trying to get an application of color that respects the connectedness of the shapes.

2 comments:

Jo Ann Elig said...

welcome back. I understand why you chose not to blog. I get that way also. I'm just glad to see your work.

patricia walsh said...

How nice to hear from you! Yes, I was rebelling against explaining myself more than anything else. The plus to it all is that I have tons of stuff completed that I have not even taken pictures of yet. Thanks for your welcome!