Thursday 27 August 2009

field trip


I have Kathy Weber's map to thank for today's new discovery.........I live 24 miles from here and didn't know about this place. Kathy posted a map of RI featuring Beavertail State Park and I decided to go see. Wonderful place and great views............the only drawback being that I have to go through Newport and the bridge is now $2 in each direction. This picture needs work. The composition required early morning light and the dark shadows on the grass were important..........since they were becoming illuminated so quickly I decided on getting as much information as I could about the buildings and leave the landscape for studio finish (I took some photos).

4 comments:

Jo Ann Elig said...

Glad you found the light. I have been painting it for years. The other side is just as spectacular. Too bad about the toll. I don't experience it being a RI resident..ez pass. Hope to see you there someday. Nice painting.

patricia walsh said...

You don't have to pay the toll at all? I really liked the place and drove into virtually evry parking lot for a look see........I will definitely go back.

Jo Ann Elig said...

We pay .83 or .87

patricia walsh said...

I had to cash in my tokens and lost $ on the deal!