Thursday 3 May 2012

wimbee creek plein air study - 12" square


I have been doing a lot of plein air stuff recently but it hasn't been coming out too well - this has the effect of making me incredibly stubborn. Today, I drove down a dirt road to Wimbee Creek and painted this - a little weak compositionally but I was pleased with the sense of distance I accomplished. It was low tide - the bugs were awful and I used a ton of repellent which didn't seem to upset the insects at all. It was hot and I had a wonderful time! I also seem to have repaired my computer without taking it back to the Geek Squad - actually I think it might have healed itself. I didn't turn it on for three days and was then able to exit from some back-up program that had been triggered by last week's power outage....I was relieved that I don't have to buy a new computer.

No comments: