Wednesday 12 November 2008

Hmmmmm


I wasn't going to post the portrait I did Monday night...........I sort of lost the effect I was working on and wasn't able to get it back. The place I paint at on Monday nights is usually pretty well lit but some of the lights were out and I picked a darker spot than usual. When I looked at the picture the next morning, I sort of did a little squeal at how bizarre the colors were. Yesterday I made some good progress on a car painting but do not wish to post it yet...........I worked on that one again today. After painting I went to the gym up the street and signed up (I had let my membership lapse), I really don't have any excuse for not exercising and walking to a painting spot even with art materials just doesn't cut it. I did feel a lot more energetic after I left and am now ready to pick up my brushes again. Oh, how easily we fall into ruts and bad habits!

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Lighting isn't everything, but it is HUGE! And I've been paying for my gym membership for 6 months for nothing now. But.... I have every intention.....

I love figures, and this, while different than you expected, is still interesting!