Thursday 20 November 2008

brrrrr......


I began a still life yesterday, worked on it this morning and then wiped it out. Feeling I absolutely had to get out, I went to paint alongside the bay - it was freezing! The light changed wicked fast so I am now working on it inside. It's too dark to get anything but a somewhat blurry photo........maybe by the end of the winter, I will be able to photograph at night with more skill. This painting is 10" square, obviously it isn't done yet. I feel sick listening to the economic news on the radio...........I got a newsletter from the retirement board today reassuring all of us that the state benefits we were promised are safe and for life but I feel so damn terrible for corporate retirees and wonder where the hell this is all going.

3 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

You know, when you click on this image to enlarge it (why are the images small on your blog?) the colors just KNOCK ME OUT. The sky, the water, have such gorgeous color harmonies..... it's just beautiful. Maybe I should try painting in the dark! (kidding, I did it and 'neutralized' an entire painting!)

patricia walsh said...

Thanks Kelley......I suppose I thought the images would be less distorted if they were not large..........I don't really know. I will experiment with it.

Paula Villanova said...

I admire that you are painting out of doors this time of year. I recently discovered a beautiful farm that is open to the public in my town, painted there this fall and thought it would make an amazing snowscape this winter. I have been strategizing a way to do this safely and I plan to be out there when the snow flies, however briefly. I know what it's like to get wrapped up in work and spend a longer time than planned, but we'll see. I really like your work.