Monday 23 June 2014

first week of summer



Well, it's the first week of summer and I am enjoying my studio immensely! I realized that I have been spending way too much time moving supplies around and setting things up during the past year (unable to avoid)......the unfinished studio was susceptible to temperature extremes and had somewhat inadequate light. It is great to be able to leave everything in place and not waste so much time adjusting things. Anyway, here are a few things I have been working on during the past week. This picture is a study for a possible larger painting I have in mind.....just color and composition ideas (it's 8x8").

I started this one at about 9am this morning (14x11") and was beginning to make progress but..........the tide went out, it stared to rain and the boat left! Three strikes for sure. I'm going to go back tomorrow if the weather conditions are right and see if the boat is docked at the same spot.


I am working on this 20x16" in the studio and hoping to finish it in the next day or so.......


No comments: