I had to put the top painting aside again after making a bunch of progress (with the values) because it was simply too wet to finish up. I have been trying to experiment with the way I begin a painting for some time and (for some reason) have wanted to use a yellow wash on the white canvas. I tried it once but used pure cadmium lemon yellow which bled into everything I put on top of it...........today I decided to try Graham's Azo Green which can go pretty yellow when diluted. Couldn't take a photo outside due to it being rainy and windy so it looks a little yellower than it is but it's still pretty yellow. Now that I am involved a bit I am beginning to like it but the first few strokes put me totally on edge....we shall see.