Sunday 27 January 2013

inland - 14x11" study on site


Not great but it was an enjoyable experience and that made me remember why I paint in the first place! I find that pressure (self-induced) to produce work suitable for framing on a regular basis can really stifle the ability to work at all.........when this happens I have to give myself permission to play and enjoy the work again. I began this morning at the beach but forgot my palette knives and then found that they were all I wanted to use. I drove inland after failing there and had much better luck.

2 comments:

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fix the link to my blog! I struggle with many things on the computer as well. I love to check in and see your work, and I know what you mean about just painting for the love of painting.

patricia walsh said...

I had fixed it before and had gone to it from my blog so I knew I had done it. Have no clue why it reverted to wrong again. Even logging on to the computer affects my energy level and mood and I tend to avoid it...........I have no idea how people spend so much time on it and don't lose their minds!