Tuesday 17 July 2012

hot day in the fields - 16x8"


St. Helena Island is east of Beaufort towards the open ocean; there are quite a few large farms there. I have a huge regard for the farmworkers that work in the humid heat and hot sun of the South Carolina summer. I chanced on this scene on the way back from painting at one of the boat landings and managed to get a photo. While working on it I discovered that just because the scene was so bright and intense, it wasn't terribly light in value. Oh, and an anniversary of sorts...............today is my 600th post!

4 comments:

Anne Winthrop Cordin said...

Congratulations on 600! I miss you but am happily following your work on your blog, which is great!It is so hot here too,enjoy summer. We come down to Hilton Head in November, maybe I can join you for a painting outing?

patricia walsh said...

That would be awesome Anne! How long do you stay for?

ninasnyder said...

Wow, 600 posts! I don't think I have even done more than 150 paintings. Your low country scenes make me want to return to Beaufort tomorrow! Thanks for everything and I look forward to seeing you in October!!!

patricia walsh said...

Hey Nina, thanks, you'll be back before you know it. See ya then.