Friday 29 June 2012

feeding the gulls - 14x11"


I'm back from NY............my Dad's house is now completely empty and we probably have a buyer. It felt much less emotional a year past and thinking of him tends to make me smile rather than cry but there are some days that he is the only person in the world that I wish to talk to. I tried to go out plein air today but it got hot so fast I came back and started this instead. The thermometer on my porch reads 102 (in the shade) but the weather channel website says it's only 98; I'm trusting the micro-climate of my porch. Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter and I doubt I will chance the beach since I am sure it will be jammed early so I will probably finish this. I must say I really like this climate even with the 3" flying cockroaches!

No comments: