Monday 8 February 2010

almost night - 10x8

This is obviously not completed and I spent a bunch of time this afternoon trying to portray the sense of light and the abstract shapes of the figures rather than an accurate drawing of them. When I was mixing colors I was pretty stunned to realize that my initial attempts at making the environment's colors were quite wrong and I was using too much white. So, this isn't done but I really learned so I am happy and will probably finish it tomorrow morning when the paint has set up a bit. I do find that blogging has a way of encouraging a "production mentality" for me and I have to remind myself that stifling learning for a presentable post is not a good trade off. I forgot my camera when I went to work at Central Village Art Gallery today (where I painted this) so the photo is compromised by lack of light since it was dark when I got home.

2 comments:

Frontallobe said...

I love them all but this one is my favorite! You really have a gift! Keep the updates and paintings coming!

Jay

patricia walsh said...

Thanks.........my daughter just told me who you were! I often do not go back more than a couple of posts to check for comments & didn't even see yours.