Monday 8 September 2008

What a weekend!



Well, even though I have not been posting for a couple of days, I have been busy. I finished the sunflowers and then took a photo of that as well as a photo of another picture. The photos are not great because we had no light for several days - Hanna came in with heavy rain and wind which made taking pictures near impossible. I went out to western mass to meet my dad on Friday and then both of my kids were home for the weekend for my birthday. We went out to eat a couple of times and just had a good time. Today I went out to paint and forgot to bring a jar of paint thinner (I had cleaned my painting backpack, silly me).......I used a palette knife and made some progress with some ideas but was not happy with the eventual outcome and was so filthy I couldn't stand it any more and came home and began an eggplant still life. I will NOT forget solvent again. So, I will post a couple of dark pictures and hope for a brighter post tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Love the sunflowers & landscape. Don't feel bad about forgetting your thinner. I've done it twice. I will be painting at Brenton Point Thursday with my group feel free to join us.

tbradley said...

Happy Birthday!!

patricia walsh said...

Jae - thanks for your comment.........I have a meeting at 9 but I should be done by 10:30 or so - what time will you be there?

Tiff...........thanks, I don't really pay much attention to them anymore but it's nice when others remember. How was your co-op shift?