Tuesday 27 May 2014

third week of May - update


This type of update is working well for me since I have developed such a dislike of going on the computer! The top painting is in its final stages and measures 16x12." It is painted on a Raymar panel - a surface I am trying to use more and more - I still like stretched canvas better. Sorry about the tiny shadows at the top (it's still on the easel)......too wet to move to get a better photo.....the color's too cool as well.


This painting is also nearly completed but was so wet I had to put it aside for a few days..........it's 20x16" (and on canvas).


This 12x10" study was done plein air - a view of the only elevated area we have in Beaufort - from the marina. I tend to do these studies more for gathering information about color and experimenting with stroke/mark making than anything else.....also on a Raymar panel.


No comments: