Friday 3 February 2012

spanish moss - 12" square

My first attempt at painting Spanish moss............a completely fascinating plant to me. I have not nearly done it justice but I intend to keep trying. Around here, it hangs from every tree, fence and pole, creating a marvellous canopy over streets and spaces. In addition to looking so neat, it catches every difference of light so its appearance changes from moment to moment as well as moving with each breeze and air current. I have more to do on this one but finished the window boxes.

2 comments:

The Paint Studio & Gallery said...

HI Patty, Great to talk with you the other day. Love the moss. I sent you an email a few days ago, need your address to send you a tax doc that was sent to the gallery. Email it to me and I will send it along.

patricia walsh said...

Just did it P...........my email has been so much crap recently that I avoid it.