Wednesday 9 February 2011

unrelated - partially complete - 16x12"

I just started this last night and brought it with me to work on during my shift at the gallery today...........taking a photo is always a problem if I wait til near dark but there was little choice today. I went to the MFA in Boston on Sunday to meet my son and see the new "Art of the Americas" exhibit and saw these people near Mass Ave. I was struck by how four people could be so close to one another and remain so totally unconnected.  It was a relatively warm day so the cold doesn't explain it............it wasn't even a bus stop so it just seems to be a city experience. These things always fascinate me. For anyone who lives near Boston, the new exhibit at the MFA is wonderful and the John Singer Sargents are unbelieveable - some I have never even seen in a book.

No comments: